Thursday 12 March 2015

8 days *by Kaitlyn Naayer



8 Days.
 
Wow.

8 days until we get on a bus, all packed up and ready to go to Mexico.

Kaitlyn Naayer
Personally, I feel like these last 6 months of meetings and fundraisers have gone by so fast. They have just zoomed by and as we get closer and closer to March 20th, the excitement grows and grows. At our first meeting, I wasn't all that excited about this trip. Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to go but it was just so far away and we still had so much work to do, so much money to raise in order for this to really become a reality. But now that we are only 8 days away, I am soooooo excited! I am literally counting down the days.

This trip is going to be utterly amazing and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to go on it. We have raised the money, had many meetings, had many laughs and we are ready.

Well I think we're ready.

Some of my personal hopes for this trip include God to work through me and the rest of the team and just to bless the people of Mexico. Some of my fears include losing our luggage, certain large arachnids that inhabit Mexico but let's not talk about that and last but not least for the drug rehab center that we are going to visit there. It scares me because it is definitely something out of my comfort zone but that's part of the whole adventure, right?

I honestly have no idea what to expect when I step (technically drive) over the Mexican border but it's going to be amazing, I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment