Friday 22 March 2019

#lhmex2019 - still on the train

Remember yesterday morning at 4.00am dropping us off??  Well, that’s almost 36 hours ago.  And we’re still on the train.  And will be until 9.00pm-ish tonight.

While we’re all very much anticipating the warmth and stable land that our home in Mexico will afford us, we’re enjoying our time on the train.  Games, conversation, shared snacks, and very much appreciating those “fresh-air” stops.  

My favorite comment I’ve heard this far:
“I’m feeling very unfulfilled by my media choices.”
I had to laugh, as if media is supposed to fulfill us. 

I laugh also because a number of us have been passing a fair bit of time by various Netflix downloads.  While we escape into our devices from time to time - I’ve really appreciated watching our teams merge together in conversation and sharing time together.  It’s really neat to see everyone get to know each other.  This really is the value of the train.  Lots of room.  Viewing car tables.  Bathrooms downstairs.  Power at every seat.

And the views down here around San Luis Obispo - pretty great.  The rolling green hills, palm trees, and Spanish style homes.  

Hope you’re all doing great at home!


The fresh air break stop at San Luis Obispo.  Today at 3.45pm.


The fresh air break stop at Klamath Falls.  Last night at 10.00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment