Monday 18 March 2019

#lhmex2019 - we leave this week!

This week has finally arrived.  I've gone and come back from my little family trip, and now have a few days in the office between then and leaving early on Thursday morning. 

When I woke up this morning, I started thinking about how this week has arrived, about all our team's time together, and how our congregation of Living Hope has come around this team with their financial needs.  As I was thinking about that, I got distracted by a notification on my phone and got lost in that.  As I circled back to thinking about this trip - I was reminded about how hard the Enemy is working to counteract our missional efforts - right down to a notification while I was simply thinking about this coming Thursday morning.  We as a team, and our greater church community, need to work hard to protect ourselves from the Enemies efforts to distract us from the reality of God's presence. 

That starts with prayer. 

It also means immersing ourselves in God's word.

And also, staying strong in our community - together.

There's a line in Psalm 23 that says,

"You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies."
Psalm 23:5

As our enemy works to distract or stop us in acting upon our calling, the Lord is right there with us in the midst of whatever the enemy is up to.  There, as David continues to write in the Psalm, is God being active in anointing us - protecting us. 

It's really an amazing picture of God's presence. 

So as our team gathers this Thursday morning, along with the team from Trinity CRC, I ask that you pray for our team, that in our missional calling we would continually feel God's presence amongst us, and that we would overcome, through Him, the challenges that our Enemy might through our way.

  • Pray for good health, that everyone can show up and start this adventure.
  • Pray for easy wake-up calls, we are meeting at the church at 4.00am.
  • Pray for a simple border crossing.  We've had interesting ones in the past.  This time, I'd like it to be clean and simple!
  • Pray for good travel to Seattle, for a timely arrival at the Train station.
  • Pray for our Amtrak conductor and staff, and our fellow passengers, may they see Christ in us.

Follow us here for how our trip comes together.  You can also post below in the comments your prayers and encouraging words.  I'll share those with the team each night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment