I have to say how immensely excited I am about this trip already. If we could leave tomorrow, I would - but to say the least, that would be impossible. We don't even have the team formed yet, and our train leaves on March 20th. So we have an exciting time to form the team, prepare them, and send them.
A few things to get us going:
- Registrations will available on or before Sunday, July 20. You will be able to find them HERE.
- Registrations will be due Sunday, September 7. We do have some grace period. Only some.
- Our first fundraiser will be on September 6. I hope to have a large garage sale in our church parking lot.
- I've asked three friends to be a part of the training process for our team, all answered with an incredible excitement! They're all amazing guys with a heart for what it is that we're setting out to do.
- Fred Sutherland, who will help teach on what the point of this trip will be, and will help plan out our training sessions.
- Steve Klassen, Mark Center, who will help us listen the Lord more deeply and closely in our preparations - in order for us as a team to grow closer to the Lord!
- Jonathan Maryniuk, who is a lawyer, and will be coming out on October 26, at 6pm to sign and seal our travel documents.
Will you already be in prayer for this trip?
Might you reflect on this passage:
"Let your work be shown to your servants,
and your glorious power to their children.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands!"
Want to see the video from the last trip?